Evaluating the Local Builders: Make Sure You Pick a Reputable Contractor
If you’ve been struggling to identify a trustworthy builder, carpenter, or home improvement specialist, it’s in your best interests to refine your research methodology and start paying attention to the aspects that truly matter.
In an effort to bridge this widespread gap in understanding, we’ve developed a comprehensive guide to help you evaluate the local building services in Harrow.
Experience Is Key
If you’d like to avoid working with novice contractors or newly established construction firms, you’ll have to ensure that your partner can tout at least 10 years’ experience within the home improvement industry, ideally with an extensive web-based gallery and portfolio of past works located directly on the company website.
Look for a Wide Range of Aptitudes
Next, you’ll have to ensure that your firm of choice can tout a versatile suite of services:
- Kitchen and bathroom services, including refurbishments, mould removal, tiling, and complete installations of all implements
- Painting and decorating specialty for traditional and contemporary homes
- Flooring installations, including solid wood, engineered wood, laminate, carpeting, vinyl, and lino flooring
- Robust carpentry and joinery services, including the fabrication of doors, frames, stairs, and bespoke banisters
- Extensive landscaping capability with the ability to install fencing, walls, patios, and driveways
- Loft conversions and garage extensions
Ensure an Easy-to-Understand Consultation Process
Last but not least, you have to turn your attention towards the company’s customer service matrix:
- Free no-obligation quotes and estimates
- Text or e-mail quotes for minor work
- Site visits and exhaustive assessments for more extensive projects
- Affordable deposit scheme, ideally 25% or less
- Intuitive invoice provided after all work is completed
If you adhere to these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to find and hire the perfect contractor to perform any type of work on your property.