Deciding on Whether a Home Swimming Pool Is Right for You
Even here in the UK, a back garden swimming pool is quickly becoming a must have for many families. For years people have made do with an inflatable pool or one of those larger types that remains a permanent piece of furniture in your back garden.
Luckily, if you have the space, a traditional pool which requires a hole to be excavated is the better and more aesthetically pleasing option. If you’ve always considered one to be out of your price range then think again because they are becoming more affordable.
Read on to discover whether a swimming pool is right for you.
Swimming is a great full body exercise. It’s also very low impact so if you have an injury that is difficult to exercise around then a pool might be for you.
With a pool at home, you’ll never have to leave the house to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need.
Increase the Value of Your Home
A pool on your property has the potential to increase its value. Not everyone wants one but those that do may pay a premium for a house that already has one installed. Speak to an estate agent to see whether a home pool could be a worthwhile investment for you.
Entertainment for the Children
Most children enjoying swimming so what better way to maintain their interest than to install your own pool. Scheduling trips to a public swimming bath can be difficult so the ability to swim at home is a major benefit.
Other Points for Consideration
There are a number of costs associated with pool ownership that go beyond the cost of installation. These include;
- Pools require a lot of water to fill. The size of the pool is directly proportional to the cost to fill it so speak to your water provider to find out how much it is likely to cost.
- Whether indoor or outdoor it will usually require heating. Whilst not necessary, a heated pool is far more comfortable and enjoyable. This of course will have a dramatic effect on your electricity bill.
- Swimming pools require ongoing maintenance which involves routine cleaning and the addition of chemicals which keep the water healthy. The costs for this will vary so seek advice before going ahead with installation.
- A swimming pool will feature pumps as part of its filtration system. If these malfunction then expect a potentially costly repair.
- Accidents can happen so it is important that safety is taken into consideration. Life savers such as rubber rings and inflated jackets should be made available in the event of an emergency.
It is more than likely that you’ve already made up your mind and are ready to go out and start receiving quotations for your build. Costs will vary due to required specifications as well as whether you would like the pool built inside or out. Tanby Pools are one of several companies that operate throughout the South of the Country and will be able to provide you with a bespoke solution. Always try and obtain feedback from satisfied customers to ensure you hire the right company.
A well designed and built pool is likely to provide you with enjoyment for many years to come.