A Guide to Living Room Renovation
If you have lived in your home for more than a few years, an air of familiarity sets in, and before very long, the rooms can look jaded and when family members start to comment on the lack of colour, it might just be time to think about a major revamp. The living room is the ideal place to start, as it is the most used room in the house, and before you start, here are some great renovation ideas to give you some inspiration.
- Install a Fireplace – If you live in the UK, there is no need to explain the harsh winter climate, and if you haven’t already got a fireplace, now is the perfect time to do it. Modern fireplaces are customised to suit the room, and with an established supplier on your side, you can reap the benefits of their considerable design experience. An Internet search would help you to locate the right supplier, and whether you are looking for multi-fuelled stoves in Lincolnshire or any other county, an online search will definitely help. Alternatively, you might prefer the ease and convenience of a gas or electric fire, but whatever type you choose, it will add a touch of elegance to the room.
- Repainting – This would definitely be on the menu, and with literally millions of colours available today, you can select two matching shades and go from there. You might prefer a shiny finish, or perhaps matt would fit in better, and with modern paint products and a professional application, the room will be transformed.
- Flooring – If you have the traditional carpet, you might want to think about having a vinyl floor fitted, and the latest generation of vinyl flooring comes in stone or hardwood designs and can be laid from a roll or as tiles. This is far cheaper than a traditional hardwood floor, yet it is just as durable, or if you prefer the stone look, they have many fine designs to choose from. On the other hand, you might be attached to your fitted carpet, and a good professional deep clean will restore the carpet to its original condition, and if you are going to do that, leave the carpet cleaning to be the very last job.
- Furniture – If the budget stretches to it, a new three piece suite would certainly be welcome, but if your existing furniture has many years left, a good clean might be enough to make the setting look more pleasant.
- Lighting – Last but not least, the lighting really defines a room, and with LED solutions, there are endless choices for the design conscious homeowner. Pendant lighting is always a good idea above the dining table, and with dimmable wall lights, it is easy to create the right ambience.
Your options are many, and depending on your budget, there is no limit to what you can achieve, and installing a modern fireplace will really make the room warmer and more inviting, as well as giving you an even warmth throughout the home.